Webinar Monday February 22
An online panel discussion on the persecution of Julian Assange. A British judge has recently blocked his extradition from the UK to the US, where he would face unprecedented charges that aim to criminalize basic journalistic activity. The US is appealing that decision, but the indictment against Assange was drawn up during the Trump administration, and the newly elected Biden DOJ should take a new look at the case and drop the charges.
Our panel will give an overview of Assange’s case, the threat his prosecution poses to the First Amendment, and the latest on his legal proceedings in the UK.
- Alice Walker: Pulitzer Prize-winning author
- Mumia Abu-Jamal: political prisoner
- Nathan Fuller: Director, Courage Foundation
- Joe Lombardo: National Coordinator, United National Antiwar Coalition (UNAC)
- Jeff Mackler: Director, The Mobilization to Free Mumia Abu-Jamal/Northern California and Steering Committee, AssangeDefense.org