October 3 – 8 – The Mobilization to Free Mumia Abu-Jamal is organizing a Northern California tour by J. Patrick O’Connor, Crime Magazine on-line editor, author of the recently published book, “The Framing of Mumia Abu-Jamal.” Meetings and media work is planned for San Francisco, the East Bay, Palo Alto, Santa Rosa, and many other locations. This amazing book presents new evidence detailing the frame-up of Mumia and proving, once again, that he is innocent!
The Mobilization to Free Mumia Abu-Jamal presents
J. Patrick O’Connor, author of the new book, The Framing of Mumia Abu-Jamal
(J. Patrick O’Connor is the editor & publisher of Crime Magazine. He was a reporter and Bureau Manager for United Press International, editor of Cincinnati Magazine, associate editor of TV Guide & editor/publisher of the Kansas City New Times.)
San Francisco: Friday, Oct. 3
5:30 – 7:15 pm, Golden Gate Law School, 536 Mission St.
(between 1st and 2nd Street), San Francisco, Room 3214, $10.
Oakland: Saturday, October 4,
2-5 pm. Special reception/luncheon at the home of Jeff Mackler with Patrick O’Connor and friends, Lynne Stewart, Barbara Lubin and KPFA’s Walter Turner, Kris Welsh & Nora Barrows Friedman. Call: 510-268-9429 to attend. $15.00
Patrick O’Conner’s new book, “The Framing of Mumia Abu-Jamal” is based on a meticulous review of 12,000 pages of court transcripts, legal briefs, police records and an exhaustive examination of the constitutional violations perpetrated by America’s criminal ‘justice’ system. His evidence makes a powerful case that Mumia Abu-Jamal should be granted a new trial, and having been cruelly kept on death row for 26 years, he should be immediately freed. — Howard Zinn, author, People’s History of the United States
Patrick O’Connor Bay Area Tour Schedule
* Fri., Oct. 3, 5:30 pm – Golden Gate Law School, San Francisco.
* Fri., Oct. 3, 7:30 pm – Niebyl-Proctor Library, 6501 Telegraph Ave, Oak. (between Alcatraz & 66th St.). Sponsor: Labor Action Comm. to Free Mumia Abu-Jamal.
* Sat., Oct. 4, 2-5 pm – Special reception/luncheon at the home of Jeff Mackler and Carol Kummer.
* Sun., Oct. 5, 4-6 pm -College of Marin/Kentfield: Patrick O’Connor with Lynne Stewart: Call 510-268-9429 for room & details.
* Mon., Oct. 6, 1pm – Stanford University Radio; Noon, Stanford Law School.
* Tues., Oct. 7, 12 Noon – Golden Gate Law School, 536 Mission, SF (bet. 1st & 2nd Sts., Rm. 3216.
* Tues., Oct. 7, 7 pm SHARP – Community Media Center, 900 San Antonio Rd (near Charleston), Palo Alto. This will be a live TV program followed by Q&A & reception sponsored by the Peninsula & Justice Center.
* Wed., Oct. 8, 7:30 pm – Peace and Justice Center of Sonoma County, 467 Sebastopol Ave, Santa Rosa.
Sponsor: The Mobilization to Free Mumia Abu-Jamal
freemumia.org, firstname.lastname@example.org, 510-268-9429, P.O. Box 10328, Oakland, CA 94610